• Dual extrusion - Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colours. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print.
• Swappable print cores - Faster print core changes mean higher uptime and easier maintenance. Your Ultimaker 3 comes with print cores for build (AA) and support (BB) materials. There’s a customised nozzle geometry per material – ensuring lower clogging risks and a more reliable 3D printing experience.
• New optimised cooling - Ultimaker 3 has a powerful, low-noise fan system. Featuring two new radial fans and fan shrouds, it creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow. This ensures better cooling, high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces.
• LED status indicators - Print core LED lights ensure an optimised 3D printing experience by alerting if any user interaction is needed.
• Optimised Cura material profiles - Extensively tested preconfigured Cura profiles make for a smoother, more seamless 3D printing experience by automatically adjusting the necessary settings for each material and print core. Produce consistent, quality results with every print.
• Material recognition with NFC scanner - Built-in material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is primed and ready for the task. Ultimaker 3 detects and identifies the material on the reel holder and checks the correspondence of a filament and print core type being used.
• EEPROM print core chip - The EEPROM chip in the print core memorises the size and type of your nozzle, notifies you in case of misuse and, as a result, helps achieve higher print success rates.
• USB port - Enjoy standalone printing using a USB stick (16GB included).
• Wi-Fi / LAN - Send your print project quickly and easily to your Ultimaker 3 via Cura.
• Live camera - Monitor every stage of your 3D printing project remotely by simply connecting to your Ultimaker 3’s Wi-Fi network. The result? Optimised workflow and exceptional control.
• Active levelling - The capacitive sensor in the print head measures distances between the print bed and the nozzle, and the tilt angle is compensated by adjusting the z height in the first layers. The result? More accurate levelling and improved build plate adhesion.
• New refined design - The Ultimaker 3 features a build plate that’s lighter and stiffer, which reduces vibrations and helps produce an unrivalled print quality. The removable glass plate makes it easy to access your prints.
• Heated build plate - Thanks to the heated glass build plate, you can print using many different materials and with improved build plate adhesion.
For delivery information, please click here.
Find support material for each of our product ranges.
Have a question? See if we can help.
Can't Find it?
We can source D&T products which don't appear on our website or catalogues.